"Potential 2016" an up coming event. Date: Venue: Ayonote Boxing complex National Stadium Surulere Lagos time:.
MISSION & VISION
To protect and restore the dignity of every Nigerian child.
To create a society where children are valued, respected and protected.
CDF believes that every child deserves to be respected and protected from diverse social dangers regardless of race, colour, gender, language, religion, opinions, origins, wealth, birth status or ability as enshrined in the Convention on the Rights of the Child.
The foundation aims to affect the child positively and guide them through the path to achievement, fulfillment and happiness regardless of the socio-economic situation of the family.
We are dedicated to the optimal wellbeing of every Nigerian child regardless of family situation, gender, religion, ethnicity or disability.
We are committed to assisting sexually or physically abused children in rebuilding their lives and supporting the disabled in increasing their quality of life and accessing opportunities that enhance their present and future abilities and independence. We are also committed to aiding those in vulnerable circumstances and from disadvantaged backgrounds to rebuild and positively change their lives.
Through national and international promotion of the issues of child sexual abuse, socially disadvantaged children and their impact upon Nigeria’s long-term future and the welfare of disabled children in Nigeria, we will create global awareness of the plights of these groups at home and within the Nigerian expatriate and international child welfare communities.
· Championing the rights of abused children via litigation that ensures the trial, conviction and adequate punishment of the perpetrators of child sexual crime whilst ensuring that victims are protected from intimidation, physical attack and further abuse.
· Organize Awareness/publicity rallies to educate the public on the ills of child abuse.
· Partner with law enforcement agencies to effect the arrest and prosecution of suspected sex offenders involving children across the country
· Partner with government authorities, other children’s voluntary organizations and the media to ensure educational, economic, social and physical development of children in Nigeria enabling them to become responsible and fulfilled adults.
· Organize counseling sessions for families of victims of abused children to aid the healing process of the victim.
· Provide educational support to physically abused children.
· Champion the call for the establishment of a sex offenders register in the Nigeria.
· Organize training workshops for parents, guardian on how to guard against sexual abuses in children.
· Produce children TV programs and literature to help in the education/ enlightening children against harmful human predators.
· Initiate a periodical documentary of the silent crimes of child defilement inherent in Nigeria.
· Working with the families of child victims to provide accommodation, medical treatment, counseling, education and other basic needs.